YC Hertfordshire Stevenage Young Women’s Project at the Bowes Lyon Young People's Centre, Stevenage
- View on map...
The YC Hertfordshire Stevenage Young Women’s Project provides a safe, social space for girls aged 13-16 to get together, share experiences and have fun.
The YC Hertfordshire Stevenage Young Women’s Project provides a safe, social space for young women to get together, share experiences and have fun. From encouraging health and emotional wellbeing to building communication skills, this project encourages young women to set personal goals and provides support as they work towards them.
Have an opinion? Join the conversation: have your say about the things that matter to you and build confidence as you take part in discussions about current concerns, e.g. the potential impact of social media on body image, online safety, bullying, and sex and relationships.
You can also:
- Learn to identify risky situations both online and in the real world and develop strategies to keep safe and build resilience
- Express your feelings and emotions through music, words and art
- Take part in local and national events, campaigns and celebrations
- Talk about any problems you may have with our friendly YC Hertfordshire youth workers
- Find out about other opportunities for young people in your area as well as where to go for more support and advice.
We accept self-referrals, referrals from family and/or professionals involved with the young women. Contact us for a referral form at email@example.com.
The Bowes Lyon Young People’s Centre is fully wheelchair accessible.
Venue: Bowes Lyon Young People’s Centre, St Georges Way, Stevenage SG1 1XY
Age Range: 13-16
Timing and Repeats:
Every Wednesday, 4-6pm
Term time only
Booking Info: Booking always needed